The Circle of Peace Movement (TCOPM) hosts a Monday evening circle each week at Unity Church- Unitarian, which is open to the public. Each Circle of Peace begins with a healthy meal followed by a facilitated discussion. There is no cost to attend. Donations to offset the cost of meals are welcome.
Monday Night Community Circle of Peace – Open to All
5:15 – 7:00 p.m.
Unity Church-Unitarian – Center Room
732 Holly Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Would your neighborhood or institution benefit from a Circle of Peace? Contact us to obtain circle-keeper training and help in getting started. Grow the movement!
Help sustain The Circle of Peace Movement by volunteering your time and expertise.
Every circle begins with a healthy meal prepared by volunteers. Use your kitchen skills (or learn with others!) to prepare meals for circle members. Then join the circle conversation if you like. Sign-ups can be made by visiting: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0845aaae2baaf85-circle
- Join a Team: TCOPM is seeking volunteers who can make and keep a commitment to serve on a cooking team. This can range from a one time commitment to a weekly one. Meal preparation begins at 3:00 pm and cleanup begins at 7:15 pm.
- Form a Team: Do you have a group of friends who love to cook? Form a team! Cooking teams are needed on Monday nights at Unity Church in Saint Paul. Work with our food production manager to design menus and get to know the kitchen. Then take charge with your own crew. Volunteer as often as you’d like from a one time commitment to a weekly one.
- On-Call Volunteers: Can’t make a regular commitment but willing to consider volunteering on an on-call basis? We need you, too!
Volunteers occasionally provide Circle of Peace participants with rides to and from circle. We’ll do the coordinating, and as needs arise, we’ll call to see whether you’re available.
Board and Staff Support
The Circle of Peace Movement board and staff need volunteers to help with fundraising, public relations, volunteer management, and special projects. Can you write a grant? Do you shoot video or still photography? Are you a social-media whiz? Good at organizing events? We need you!
TCOPM relies on food donations for the meals it provides. You can support this effort with:
- Delivering Prepared Meals: Restaurants and delis are encouraged to provide a fully prepared healthy meal for 25 or 40 people (protein, starch, green salad, fruit, bread, dessert). Sign up for a meal a week, a meal a month, a meal a year, or set your own schedule.
- Stocking the Pantry: Provide ingredients for a whole meal for 25 or 40 (protein, starch, green salad, fruit, bread, dessert), or provide staples that we can store and use as needed (chicken legs, hamburger, onions, potatoes, rice, noodles, salad dressing, cookies, frozen items ).
- Organizing a Food Drive: Can your organization sponsor a food drive for The Circle of Peace Movement? We can help you organize it!
- Providing Money or Vouchers: Want to help but would rather write a check or provide a voucher for food purchase? Contributions in any amount to support the Circle of Peace food mission are always welcome.